Stepping into a new decade.... 


Today is my 30th birthday. It's official: I am no longer in my twenties. I feel so thankful to be able to celebrate my birthday with my family. The first thing that comes to mind is, how did I get here so quickly? As a child I thought time was moving at a snails pace. Today I am fully aware just how fleeting every moment is. I once heard someone say "the days are long but the years are quick" On my 30th I don't think those words have ever rung so true. I am thankful to God for these 30 years I've been given. Even through difficult times, life is good. 

Entering this new decade can bring a mix of emotions. It has me feeling thankful and as I've gotten older, I've learned that every birthday (and a new smile line) is a gift. 

Like many of us, my 20's were filled with so much learning, discipline, growth, travel and love. I married a man who wished me a happy 21st birthday on my Facebook and then proposed before I turned 27. I have officially spent my entires 20's with you, Mitch! It's easy to think about "where we should be" or focus on what we have yet to accomplish, but don't forget to reflect on where you were five years ago.

 

I have goals and new chapters to open in my 30's. There were and always will be mistakes, accomplishments and new discoveries in your 20's (heck, in life!) so here are a few things I have learned by my 30th birthday! 

  • The more time you spend with God the more your love will grow for other people. 
  • Don't worry what everyone is thinking about you. They aren't. They are thinking about themselves. 
  • Comparison is the theif of all joy, don't do it! I know, easier said then done but be aware of what you are consuming online and how it affects your thoughts. 
  • Don't go into unnecessary debt. 
  • Spend money on experiences and invest in the rest. Time is very valuable resource when saving money. Thats how Mitch and I were able to build our own home. 
  • Travel! Some of the best lessons, memories and experiences have come from far places. Traveling teaches you so much about the world outside of your backyard and gives you a new perspective of your own culture. 
  • Wherever you are, be all there. Put down your phone. When I build my instagram stories from a trip, everything comes from my camera roll. Its never real time which is why I struggled using snapchat, when everything was captured and shared at the moment. Be mindful of scrolling too. Time will slip away. 
  • Be intentional. Time with family/friends will not be easy. Its time to be intentional and set time aside together because time will get away from you. 
  • Eat well and exercise. Eat food that will nourish your body and exercise at least 30 minutes a day. 
  • Don't take anyone or any day for granted. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Be sure to give hugs and say I love you. Live your day as if it may be your last. 
  • Take pictures. I know family pictures are a lot of effort, but in the end those pictures will mean so much to you! Pictures become more valuable as time goes on. 


and last but not least WE ARE PREGNANT!!!! 🧸 Our sweet little baby P is due on the 14th of February. I am so excited to meet my little koala bear. We are so stoked!!